free website stats program Still looks like it will cook your leg | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Still looks like it will cook your leg

I just don't know where some are getting information that the new 09 pipes are still roasting legs. The next time someone tells you that the new touring bikes are burning their legs, ask them if they own the bike or they are just passing on "crap" they heard from a buddy who lives in the next town.
There is one other possible scenario I guess. And that would be that these people who make this claim are actually riding in Bermuda shorts. If that is the case, they ought to get burnt.
I have been riding in blue jeans everyday for the last 100 days or so in everything from 105 degree weather down to 50 degree weather and it ain't happened yet.

I agree 100% I have yet to feel any heat (09 UG) generated to the level of my previous ride the 07 EGC I ride with Blue jeans and have not had any issues what so ever IN THE HOUSTON/SUGAR LAND AREA

Rise Safe
BuffaloBILL

As far as I can see, the Vance & Hines look like they hang down pretty far, cornering to the right might drag 'em. BUT they look like they'd keep the heat off the passenger some better, and they look good.
The Bub's look like they REALLY cook the passenger's left foot. REALLY! Just add a little BarBQue sauce in their left boot, and pull over in 30 miles for a light snack!! (just kidding- I don't want to be banned for advocating cannibalism!)...

Your gal might partially agree...you have good taste if after 30 miles of riding you might want a light snack with her...that Harley has nice vibes after all! :naughty

Last edited by a moderator:
I have V&H true duels on my 08 RG & the rear pipe exit to the left you may want to check & see if the 08 pipes will fit the 09 . By the way they sound great :bigsmiley12:

Just my 2 cents but my 09 Ultra has way less heat issues than my 07 Road King I traded in for it. No heat issue at all for the passenger, none on the left side. Right rider leg yes some in stop and go traffic. Will go synthetic at the 1K service. Meantime moving my right leg to the right side of the floorboard works. I absolutely am impressed with this bike. And I live in south florida!

Forgot to add that along with the stage one I added a SERT so the bike is getting a little more fuel as well. The tuner makes a wonderful difference, bike weighs more than the RK but is quicker!

Back