free website stats program Stiffening front forks for an EGC | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stiffening front forks for an EGC

Instead fo fool witht he cartridge why not get the normal left for leg i think the kit is 180 .. yes pricey but not as much as having cartridge done again

Bud,

I might be interested in doing this on my bike. Is there a conversion kit to do this? If so, can you send me the part number for it?

TQ

Bud,

I might be interested in doing this on my bike. Is there a conversion kit to do this? If so, can you send me the part number for it?

TQ

TQ
I sent this to Joy but I'll post it here too.
2 matching fork legs PN 46502-06 (right $186.84) and 46495-06 (left $186.84) which are complete forks with sliders and internals with fluid too and just install them on the bike and be done with the cartridge problem forever.The later year 2007 fork legs have a better valving system than the earlier ones for a better ride and can be swapped as with the early year legs and should also fit your bike but this would require replacing both legs complete. (best way to go). Cost is somewhere around $300 for both with a discount at Zanotti's.
You can get the parts separately to convert your lower leg to the non cartridge type if you want to get into it.
The sliders for 99 - 06 are all the same

P/N: 45803-97 STOP, oil lock ($7.14)
P/N: 45838-77 BOLT, front fork ($.18)
P/N: 45845-77 O-RING ($1.75)
P/N: 45859-77A RING, piston damper tube ($1.10)
P/N: 45890-97 TUBE ASSEMBLY ($47.11)
P/N: 45891-97 DAMPER tube assembly ($9.95)
P/N: 45892-02 SPRING, fork ($21.20)
P/N: 45933-86 SPRING, rebound ($2.40)
P/N 45875-84A two new seals, ($8.66 X 2)

Verify these numbers for your bike before ordering them TQ

Last edited:
there was a kit just to do the left side not sure on part # i read it some where .. and the slider was supposed to match the right side course after all these years being on the road how could they match excatly .. i see glider got the #s for a full rebuild both sides

Hey Bud, I just wanted to say thanks for getting the cartridge swap option in there. :s I think that is what we are going to do. Thanks again, and as usual, thanks Glider. :s

One reason i thought i would say that is one of the guys i work with has been talking about It after Harley and a Indy told him what they got to service it .. If you do the swap lots of pics

Yep, I will definitely get pix. I'm hoping he will help me on this project, (it is his bike :s). I actually still have some pix to add to my last project with my bike. I won't say that it was all that pretty. I had the checklist organized & all, but man does it look like a bomb went off in my work area. :)

I will say that my husband is a bit better at being a mechanic. Time is the big issue, or lack there of. Between work & getting his fathers affairs dumped on us suddenly, we have not had much for fun time lately. Hopefully he will teach me a few things. :D He does make working on things look easy! We'll 'git 'er done' & get pix.

Back