Stiff Clutch

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Curveball, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Curveball

Curveball Banned

Hey boys and gurls,
    The wifes been complaining about clutch hand gettin tired.
    So, I changed all 3 holes ('02 Dyna Lowrider), adjusted clutch lubed all cables and adjusted the clutch cable.
    It still is pretty hard to pull.
    I seem to remember reading about a lever or bracket attached to the cable to help fix this but I can't find it again.
    Any help would be appreciated

2. lorne

lorne Senior Member

a buddy had the same problem on a 89 springer. seems to me he installed a power clutch (i will see if i can find it)

3. Curveball

Curveball Banned

Thx man,

4. TripleJ

TripleJ Senior Member

5. lorne

lorne Senior Member

6. Curveball

Curveball Banned

Thx everyone...that's what I was lookin for..Might as well change the cable while I'm in there.

Thx again:

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

When doing the clutch adjustment after the installation of the EZ clutch, the adjustment is just a bit more sensitive because of the lesser throw of the actuator .
    You shouldn't make the adjustment in the primary area any more than 1/2 turn out after lightly seating the pushrod adjuster otherwise you may not get full separation of the plates.

I run the EZ clutch in all the bikes I have had and it works as advertised. I used a scale attached to the clutch lever and after a before and after measurement, it took off about 3-4 LBS of clutch pull. It may not sound like much but in stop and go traffic you will see the difference then.

8. Curveball

Curveball Banned

Thanks, I'm gonna get right on it....can't have the bride complainin now, can I ?

9. glider

glider Veteran Member