free website stats program Sticking Throttle | Harley Davidson Forums

Sticking Throttle

sampson80

Throttle is only sticking when the wheel is full right. I have loosened the throttle and readjusted, lubed the cable, and it still sticks and full right. Snaps back perfectly when left and center. I'm out of ideas. Anyone have any suggestions??

Lordharold has a good suggestion. See if you can adjust it while full right to make it snap back.

If you remove the cable completely and lube it real good and hang it overnight so the lube works all the way threw it may help

Does it have stock bars on it? If not, you may have a cable stretched just a bit too far and it wont adjust out. Maybe check the routing and see if you can straighten it out some how. It also could mean that its just time for new cables.

There is not to many things that would cause your problem. Bodeen hit the nail on the head with his post.

If there are no bends too sharp, you may have a frayed cable. Sticking cables of any kind are nothing to allow to exist.

Good luck,
Rich P

Will try to adjust the cable at full right and see what happens. Still has stock bars so nothing has been modified that would cause a strain. I also haven't readjusted the idle cable, I didn't think it would have anything to do with the throttle sticking but I will readjust that also and see. Thanks for the suggestions, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something simple

Both cables need adjusting. I think you will find that to be your problem.

Back