free website stats program Stereo on a Heritage Classic | Harley Davidson Forums

Stereo on a Heritage Classic

I mounted the HD Boom Windshield system on my 09 Heritage a couple of weeks ago.

Nice sounds... but ya just can't hear it at highway speeds unless ya crank it way up. When I cranked it up, I could easily hear it...

... but, after I got home, my ears were ringing for, like, hours.

I'm glad I mounted it for local around-town rides. But for the highway, I'll stick with earbuds.

Just my $0.02...

Advice from an Electra Glide rider......... At highway speeds I wear foam earplugs that stop rush of air running past the ear canal and the music is heard perfectly fine from my speakers. Try it. :s

Usually when I put on a shorty, I either use earbuds that fit inside the ear canal or foam plugs.

Yup - I forgot to do it this time. I already have tinnitis - this was just too much noise from the pipes and the music. Running the music loud enough to overcome the exhaust, and then straining to hear the music over the exhaust.

WAY too much noise.

Lately, I've been riding with a 3/4 helmet... not a shorty... but haven't had a chance to try the music with the 3/4 helmet yet.

Thanks for the reminder! :s

Yes, I just swapped out the exhaust - a set of Screamin' Eagles with Cycle Shack baffles - for something VERY custom-made that may actually solve some of the problem.

I just finished installing 2 (two) 45-degree deflection plates into a set of Rush 2.0 baffles (used a cutting wheel to make the slots, and flux-wire welded 'em in place). Each baffle now has two plates that are angled to direct exhaust gases under one plate and over the other, and each plate is set to allow a 1/2" space for gases to flow. There's a HUGE reduction in noise level, and I have noticed very little to no change in engine performance: there's still PLENTY of airflow. Haven't tried the speakers with the new baffles yet - it's been cold up here this week...

Put a boom audio system (HD) on a bike for a friend, gotta tell you it sounded nice. Easy install took about 1/2-45 minutes. He claims it sounds better when he wears helmet as the helmet reduces wind noise makes music easier to hear.
Good luck and be safe.

I put the HD Boom Audio system on my Heritage last season and have had the best results using an Ipod with it. The Serius radio had poor volume.

Back