free website stats program Steering clunk | Harley Davidson Forums

Steering clunk

SPEEDY43

Worried Re: Steering Head Washer Kit 45740-07 -
Hey just wanted to know if any one out there has tried this with the new washer ? I have that slight "clunk " in the front end ( 2007 FXST) when I go over bumps at anything over 30 MPH . My bike only has a little over 7,000 miles on it , so I was surprised that this noise would start at this point , but whatever . Ordered the washer kit and going to re-torque to 75 lbs , and see what happens . I hope it takes care of that annoying clunk ........

Worried Re: Steering Head Washer Kit 45740-07 -
Hey just wanted to know if any one out there has tried this with the new washer ? I have that slight "clunk " in the front end ( 2007 FXST) when I go over bumps at anything over 30 MPH . My bike only has a little over 7,000 miles on it , so I was surprised that this noise would start at this point , but whatever . Ordered the washer kit and going to re-torque to 75 lbs , and see what happens . I hope it takes care of that annoying clunk ........

That fixed my problem, it was covered under a MOCO recall Check your gas tank mounts are tight as well

Back