free website stats program Stebel Nautilus Air Horn | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stebel Nautilus Air Horn

I couldn't even see that with a magnifying glass :lolrolling

yeah I did something wrong huh?....lol can you fix it Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz(btw i tryed coping from the "Air Horn" post)

Btw anyone with this horn. Was told to blow a short blast at least once a day( not sure why and i did not ask ..darn ! ). Also have had my horn since spring and was told the relay was not used on a Harley application( was in the package so I have it) by the ppl who sold it to me at a Rally. So now am wondering should I install it..was told was for only used for Honda's: reason why it was packaged.

Also have had my horn since spring and was told the relay was not used on a Harley application.

I am sure you were told that in order to not discourage you to purchase it.
The Quickest way to deep six a sale is to make the installation complicated.

Remember that you are taking a series wound motor and telling it to compress air. The startup current draw from "locked Rotor" can be 2x-3x the running current. I would bet the instantaneous current draw for the first 250/ms is probably 25 amps. Sure, the running amps once it is pumping air may be only 8-10 amps but the the switch that you push will see a current arc of 25 amps for the first 1/4 second. My '09 Dyna does not have a relay. Look at you schematic to check yours. If you don't have a factory horn relay I would install one.

What Kemo said earlier is True..

You should give the horn a blast once a day is correct, to blow out any moisture. I have had trouble with my horn before. Where the horn is connected to the air compressor the plastic locking clips breaks allowing the seal to leak air. I disassembled the horn and put a dab of silicone around the nipple and reattached and tied everything back together with a piece of fine wire. No more problems. When the air seal was broken the horn had a sick one tone to it. The first horn did this and I sent it back and the second horn did the same.
kemo

I've had mine since Spring, too, and haven't had any problems with it. I used the relay that came with it, figuring better safe than sorry.
When I hit the horn button, it's instant sound...no delay at all that I can discern. I used the stock horn connection with the relay under the seat. Works every time.

You have to make your own harness, no big deal though. You need a power wire from battery to relay a ground wire and the wires to the horn. The relay has always been included in the horns that I have bought.
kemo

Don't forget to check if there is a fuse upsteam in case the wiring or relay shorts to ground when wiring, especially if you wire to constant power of a battery...severe burning could result...

Says right in the ad the 30 amp fuse is included.

Only if you buy (or it comes with the wiring kits offered)...here is the schematic if you are inclined to wiring direct to the battery (live all the time source)...a 30A or 20A fuse respectively is PRETTY large...(my main fuse is 35A...the fuse block fuses are all 15A just to give you an idea).:yeahright The relay does come with the standard horn however...just to clarify 30A or even 20A is pretty large fuse if the main fuse is 35A on my Sporty...might want to check actual peak current draw and size accordingly.

snwk_01_LRG.jpg

Last edited:
Back