free website stats program stator | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

stator

Hi all Im on a week lay off so I jumped in ohmed the stator it was fine I changed it anyway cause the plug thru the case was hard and leaking making a mess of the bike bottom and the floor,Bubbie yes the plug was full of oil ge that held alot of oil,cleaned it up put some emergency tape around to seal the plug a bit clutches are good so every thing going back together thanks for every one help Russ

Guys, I am planning on pulling my primary cover to do an inspection on the stator cover. No current problems but I'm right at 21k and preparing for a trip to Sturgis. If I have the bad design and find the cover to be loose the least bit the plan is to replace both cover and stator. If all is tight (cover bolts) I was just going to replace the cover with the upgraded welded version and not disturb the stator. The oil is very clean and no odd smell. Also I use Bellray primary. Seems to work well. Thought about using Lucas? Any thoughts?

If I have the bad design and find the cover to be loose the least bit the plan is to replace both cover and stator. Any thoughts?

Can you upgrade to a SE compensator and get it all done in one shot? Or is the SE compensator only for "96" engines.... I am not really sure. That would be the ticket if it worked. New magnets to boot.

Back