free website stats program Stator | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stator

Glider
Took my stator off this morning and she is burnt crisp , it has no numbers and i am having trouble finding the number that will fit , is it any 45 amp single phase , i see there is a high output one as well ,I have had trouble with the computer in the past and dont want any more , the stealer here wants 450 plus shipping and 6 weeks delivery time...hmmmm I found it on this latus HD but thy havent responded yet as to the correct numbers
thanks in advance
Darren

Darren,

Latus is 2 1/2 hours behind you, so if you call them at around lunch your time, they should be open. Just ask them to check the part number for a stator on your '01 FLHT (Ultra Classic?). I think it is:

29987-99B

They have one in the HD place near my house in Houston for $142.99 + S&H. That is San Jacinto HD (Pasedena, TX.). Their number is:

+1 281 991 4275

Zanotti's has it listed for $105.60. You would have to contact them and see if they would ship to you. here is their contact number:

+1 724-283-5419 or +1 724-716-4883 from 11:00am to 2:00pm (US Eastern time)

or you can chat with them here:

Untitled Document

TQ

TQ
Thanks for the response and information , on ebay there is a fellow that is offering stator and rotor for 156 , but it is a 29987-99a not the 99b like you quoted , I am not really interested in saving a buck as I am time , just didnt know if the 99a would work?
You guys are great ...thanks again
Saludos
Darren

TQ
Thanks for the response and information , on ebay there is a fellow that is offering stator and rotor for 156 , but it is a 29987-99a not the 99b like you quoted , I am not really interested in saving a buck as I am time , just didnt know if the 99a would work?
You guys are great ...thanks again
Saludos
Darren

The letters are sequential and represent some sort of a newer version. Not sure what has changed between the "a" and "b". According to the the folks at San Jacinto HD when I called them earlier, the "b" is the latest version. Neither the "a" nor "c" come up in Zanotti's online lookup:

https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/pLookUp.php

If your rotor is not damaged, i.e., no magnets badly chipped or broken, no magnets loose or shifted position, and the "teeth" in the hole all have nice sharp profiles, I would say that your rotor probably does NOT need replacement.

Call Zanotti's and see if they will ship to you. If not, you can try Biker Bob's:

Search Results : Biker Bob's Harley-Davidson, bikerbobssonline.com

They have both the "-99" and "-99A" versions.

In your situation, I am not sure I would get electrical parts from an individual on EBay.

TQ

TQ
I better go with the safe side as you have said , just for giggles i have copied and pasted the link for ebay , the guy has a lot of very good feedback and seems to know his stuff ,HARLEY DAVIDSON FLT/FLH STATOR & ROTOR 45 AMP 1999-01:eBay Motors (item 380150274253 end time Sep-16-09 20:30:13 PDT) , also this stator really fried , what wires does it come with , as the plug coming out of the primary isn't in very good condition , I would have thought he new one come with wires that plug into it , I will talk to them about that as well , again thanks

TQ
I better go with the safe side as you have said , just for giggles i have copied and pasted the link for ebay , the guy has a lot of very good feedback and seems to know his stuff ,HARLEY DAVIDSON FLT/FLH STATOR & ROTOR 45 AMP 1999-01:eBay Motors (item 380150274253 end time Sep-16-09 20:30:13 PDT) , also this stator really fried , what wires does it come with , as the plug coming out of the primary isn't in very good condition , I would have thought he new one come with wires that plug into it , I will talk to them about that as well , again thanks

I looked at that link. You realize that those are NOT genuine HD parts. They are after-market made by "Accumax". I do not know anything about that company.

What you get from HD comes with the complete assy although the plastic plug end will be assembled on the wires AFTER you have threaded the wire through the case and mounted the stator in position. I used just a bit of dilute dishwashing soap on the rubber sealer that fills the hole through the case to help push/pull that formed rubber piece in place. The kit will also include new mounting screws for the stator. Use these and throw away the old ones.

As I mentioned above, if you inspect your rotor and all the magnets are in good shape, have not come loose and the teeth on the hole in the center of the rotor are nice and sharp, I would consider that rotor good to go!

TQ

Last edited:
TQ
yes once again I appreciate your common sense knowledge , will go with Harley Original , but that guy did have a lot of good feedback , but living here in chavez land i just cannot take a chance on " good feedback" got to go with the real thing , thanks again , I will wait on parts in the mean time I have 2 other bikes to ride so waiting time has less stress, I do prefer the ultra though.............................

Back