free website stats program Stator wiring | Harley Davidson Forums

Stator wiring

Gon2far

I needed to send the crank out to be balanced and the only problem I had with disassembly was with the stator plug. I labeled the wires from the stator to the plug. Than I labeled the plug and commenced pulling the wires from the plug. Two came out but one broke after 20 minutes of pulling and pushing on it. Now all my markings rubbed off the plug.
I plan on replacing the plug with individual crimped plug in shrink wrap connectors, but I don't know which wire out of the three goes where. Please help!

There, it happened again!!...Great advice from some of the most informed in the industry!..and for free!!!!...Really I think all our members should consider a small donation at any amount for this kind of helpfull insite and it also keeps the community closer and keeps the site solvent for all to enjoy...MTC

Once again I thank you for your help. The wiring diagram shows three black wires going from the Stator to three black wires coming from the voltage regulator. It does not put them in any order. What does the Stator do? Do all three wires from the stator do the same thing, supply current to the voltage regulator. They all look like they are hooked up to the Stator the same way. Would the order of the wires from the Stator to the voltage regulator matter?

When I reassemble my bike I plan on installing one improvement at a time, so I can report the results to this forum. First the balanced lower half with the timken bearings. Then the SE Compensator, then the 30 tooth sprocket, on to the Simson dual pipes and then the T-Max. Sharing information is what makes this forum GOLDEN.

Back