free website stats program Stator problem | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stator problem

I have an 06 FXDWG. 13K miles and rotor /stator took a dump. Noise from the motor end and thought I had a bearing problem. Then both check engine and battery indicators.

Aftermarket parts about $250. Bought Accel. Anyone have luck with Accel charging parts? DOn't feel like paying the Harley price. Don't trust the dealer.

I think I just blew up my rotor. What can I expect in there? What should I have before I start on it?

Here is my problem from a post on another discussion.

The exact same thing happened to me a week ago and it was the altenator the guy charged me almost $600.00 he said he also had to reprogram my ECM, I thought that was fine until reading the other post on this site. Now I have another problem with what seems to be a short on my 06 Dyna.Getting back to you the bike will stop running after a while and you will have to tow it if you don't fix it.

The exact same thing happened to me a week ago and it was the altenator the guy charged me almost $600.00 he said he also had to reprogram my ECM, I thought that was fine until reading the other post on this site. Now I have another problem with what seems to be a short on my 06 Dyna.Getting back to you the bike will stop running after a while and you will have to tow it if you don't fix it.

I think you got ripped off.
$600 USD shoulda got you a charge kit (Rotor, Stator and Voltage Regulator).

He did a ECM reprogram? whaaa? Does anybody think that is right?

If your Voltage regulator didn't get changed out with your Stator that may be your problem now.

And as far as getting a tow. I know if the alternator goes it will only run as long as your battery lasts. Mine is in the shop getting done now.

Rotor and Stator have been replaced. $1000 cdn including parts and labour! And no, not under warranty or recall!

All 8 bolts were thrown from the Rotor into the Stator. New HD part is welded (no bolts). Yeah thanks for the fix Harley! Hmmmmph.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back