free website stats program Stator Plug | Harley Davidson Forums

Stator Plug

zoood

Product Contributor
I had used my original stator from the 1993 EVO. I installed it in the new 113 Ultima engine I put in my trike. The rubber gromet on the stator , from it's exposure to heat and oil and age of 58,000 miles. Made that plug swell up in size. I had to shave it's size down in order to get it through the casing's opening for the stator plug. Unfortunately,... it leaks a little oil through there. Is there a new plug that I can purchase to stop this problem? Or am I stuck with having to buy a new stator? I had already tried a marine silicone. But as the engine warms. The oil still seeps by. Not a real lot. But its a new engine and I dislike oil leaks of any size.

zoood

I have had good luck on the evo engines with the same problems using a small "O" ring that fits tightly around the plug and work it in around the plug into the case with a popsicle stick . Stopped the seepage for me.

I have had good luck on the evo engines with the same problems using a small "O" ring that fits tightly around the plug and work it in around the plug into the case. Stopped the seepage for me.

On an easier note. Did you insert that "O" ring from the outside. I hate to have to take the primary cover off and have at it that way.

RJ

Yes from the outside after unplugging the plug.

Thanks for that answer. Ill give it a shot. Other than that. Even though Im still doing the break-in on this new engine. Im sure glad I have a back-rest! This baby has a lot of power. Im impressed even by saying the least! Not even a quarter turn of the throttle and I'm movin!

RJ

I have had good luck on the evo engines with the same problems using a small "O" ring that fits tightly around the plug and work it in around the plug into the case with a popsicle stick . Stopped the seepage for me.

It works! Had a similar leak at the stator plug as well on my 99 tc88. Tried gliders solution and two years later I'm still leak free.

Back