free website stats program Stator drum removal | Harley Davidson Forums

Stator drum removal

Ray Delano

Howdy ya'll I new member I have looked through forums in past and have been a great help: Thanks
Problem I have today is I am replacing stator in my 2009 heritage softail, I am trying to get rotor, (stator drum) off: I can pull it by hand and I can feel the magnetic pull, then it seems to catch on something, I look and looks like catching on inside cover? I haven't had this problem on other models drum seems to come right off:
I have looked at several post to see if I can find something similiar,
Appreciate the help I would like to get back on the road very soon: Thanks

Hi Ray, sorry I'm late, but want to let you know your solution was one of two accepted methods. Filing a bit off the case, or loosening the inner primary so you can wiggle the rotor out. I prefer your method.

Thanks for response: I in process of going back together: I didn't remove clutch pack, Do you know if there is a alignment of crank and trans when going back with chain?

Thanks for response: I in process of going back together: I didn't remove clutch pack, Do you know if there is a alignment of crank and trans when going back with chain?

Hello Ray,

No you don't have to align anything for what your doing. If you ever loosen your motor or your tranny then You would have to align everything back up.

Thanks, I have put back together, and started and now have a knocking noise quickly turned off: :( pulled everything back down again and inspected: the noise sounded like transfering to transmission: I didn't remove anthing from clutch pack:? ugh, CLOSELY inspected everything again: Torqued, everything and put back together, started and believe I identified problem, The compensator is what is making all the noise: I recall now I had a friend of a friend stop by when i was having prob removing stator hub: he removed the pressure shims from hub: :yeahright : I don't think they was replaced correctly, he pos to have his own bike shop? <more of reason I don't trust taking somewhere to get worked on: Now I am trying to figure out order of the pressure shims:: I ordered a manual, to have for future reference: be here in couple days: I know sounds like bunch of hillbilly's, I do believe in doing a job correctly,

that a different set-up: I have a hub on the stator rotor that contains concave spacer shims for the compensator: 09 Vtwin 6speed trans http://oi48.tinypic.com/34xqpuo.jpg I have done some reading on this type of compensator set-up: I believe I am going to upgrade Compensator kit #40274-08A. I have had problems at start up, and knocking in 6th gear: hopefully this will solve all the issues:

Back