free website stats program Statistics of hit and run accidents with motorcycles | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Statistics of hit and run accidents with motorcycles

Define what "causing an accident" is?

If a car pulls out and you panic brake, crash the bike with out touching the car, who is at fault?

To me, a lot would depend on the speed limit, and how much distance was between the bike and car, when car pulls out. One of the most common new rider mistake is to panic brake and crash the bike, then try and blame the car.

although states are enacting laws regarding distracted driving and have hit and run laws on the books they are, for the most part ineffective.

I think anyone convicted of causing an accident due to distraction or leaving the scene should be restricted to riding a motor scooter of no more than 50cc painted bright pink.

here, here!!

Define what "causing an accident" is?

If a car pulls out and you panic brake, crash the bike with out touching the car, who is at fault?

To me, a lot would depend on the speed limit, and how much distance was between the bike and car, when car pulls out. One of the most common new rider mistake is to panic brake and crash the bike, then try and blame the car.

In my case and others in my area it has been drivers who actually hit drivers. In my case the guy pulled out and hit me and I was able to swerve somewhat to avoid even worse injury. Witness statements had the guy doing a donut and getting out of the area as quick as possible.

Back