free website stats program Starts but runs irregulary or misses | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Starts but runs irregulary or misses

thanks everyone i just got a call from the dealer they said the bolts backed off the rotor and destroyed the alt stator then fried the reg. the service rep told me i can take pics to show all. I am sooo glad i paid extra for the ESP!!!!! or it would be $850 THE moco should really look in to this problem its very common as i read and again thanks GLIDER!!!!

Good deal. Glad they took care of you instead of telling you "they all do that" :D

thanks everyone i just got a call from the dealer they said the bolts backed off the rotor and destroyed the alt stator then fried the reg. the service rep told me i can take pics to show all. I am sooo glad i paid extra for the ESP!!!!! or it would be $850 THE moco should really look in to this problem its very common as i read and again thanks GLIDER!!!!
I bet you paid more than $850 for the warranty :D.

WS...probably true, but like any warranty, it is a roll of the dice when you think about it, he probably will save that much and more if he uses his bike a lot, gets it done quicker with less down time. If he has plenty of time still left on it, and especially if he does not work on the bikes when problems are deep in the bowels of the engine, he is coming out way ahead...!

Hi Wildspirt 97 well this time i lucked out buying ESP. the 1st year redesign dyna 2006 i had a few warrenty problems now with 29k on the bike. i had issues with 2 clutch cables,2head light connector melted 1 dash light, 1 dash light panel, 1 rear light assy melted, 3third set of handle bars mini aps(cracks) but that was a recall and now this latest alt problem this all happened after 2yr warrenty expired and yes i do work on my own bike because i find hd techs use short cuts just to get the bike out i find this from coast to coast problem. So all in all the extra 1k was well spend at military sales

I too like the ESP I ride every day and dont need major repair bills and have used the ESP on my last 2 bikes

hi all well here it is $1242.22 later 1 alt stator 1 rotor assy 1 volt reg 1 new batt which i had to pay for by the way thanks hd $819.49 parts 351.05 labor 4 hours of work i am soo glad i have esp thanks for the help glider i have a parts list if any one wants it.

Last edited:
well they saidthe batt was worn and old 05 batt it was worn and it was throwing a code first time i said no then they called back and said i really needed a new one so i did but the old one had no problem starting it i got my old bat back i think it is still ok any way last night i had a rought idle and stalled then again this morning so i changed out plugs and still did it again it will cough and spit can you clean fuel injectors like a car with fuel injector cleaner in the tank? I still have the same gas in the tank when all this happned what do you thing Glider thanks rich

I would start with some fresh gas and then add to it some Marvel Mystery oil or Sea foam. That will clean out any buildup in the injectors.

Back