free website stats program Starting issues | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Starting issues

:D Good on you for solving your problem, have a look here since your cables were loose your charging system may have not been working 100 per cent Harley Davidson Forums

So....I checked the cable hooked to the battery. The negative terminal was attached but loose. I tightened both neg and pos terminal connections and the bike fired right up. I then tested the start multiple times and it fired up without a hiccup. THanks for all the advise. It turned out to be a simple solution. Looks like I am going to ask for a tool kit to keep in my bike from my wife this Christmas.

MOST of thee starting problems I find are LOOSE battery connections... I had the same problem after putting in a new battery... Seems the ground wire is in a tough to tighten spot Thinking it IS Tight but Yet comes loose the easiest...:small3d012:

In any bike that I work on, I usually find that the wires connecting the batteries CAN use a snug 1/4 turn. :s

signed....BUBBIE

Glad you found and fixed the problem. I was going to point out that the cables may look and feel tight, but the wrench tells all. Also, make sure the primary cable connection, the BIG ones, go against the battery terminal. Tools are your friends. :)

Tool and tire repair kit on the bike; never leave home without them.:small3d023:

Back