free website stats program Starting Issue | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Starting Issue

My battery (5 years) has been on the way out for a month. The bike starts right off the tender and is good all day, but overnight, no good without the tender. I was hoping to get to the end of the year, but it was not to be, I was ready for a 37 deg. ride this morning, and got the one big klunk and tic.tic.tic as described above. This was with the tender showing a charge. I am not expecting it to be anything other than the battery.

Thanks to all for replies.... had battery tested at stealership.....dead as doornail ... mortgaged house and 1st born for new one (JK but it seemed like it.. about 30-40% higher than I recall last one being) . Tested out before I left stealership at max power. Installed and fired up as soon as I hit switch... no churn no nothing... life is good.

Thanks to all for replies.... had battery tested at stealership.....dead as doornail ... mortgaged house and 1st born for new one (JK but it seemed like it.. about 30-40% higher than I recall last one being) . Tested out before I left stealership at max power. Installed and fired up as soon as I hit switch... no churn no nothing... life is good.

Might give some thought to a Battery Tender Jr. You can catch them on sale for around $20 plus S&H. I think it helps.

TQ

Back