free website stats program Starting Issue with 09 Ultra Classic | Harley Davidson Forums

Starting Issue with 09 Ultra Classic

Cyclops

:34::34:Recently I’ve noticed that when I get ready to start my bike, I turn the ignition on, switch to Run, but I nothing happens other than my blinker green arrow indicators start flashing. However, that’s it, nothing else happens, no pump activation, no stereo, nothing. I have the FOB in my pocket. My bike is stock, nothing has been tampered with. This just started happening out of the blue. I have the security system without siren. After turning the ignition switch on & off a couple of times, all of a sudden everything is normal. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and what might be causing such. FOB batteries? So far, it’s only happened in my garage before going for a ride. Knowing my luck, sooner or later it will happen while stopped somewhere.

Appreciate all feedback. Thanks in advance!

What happens when you turn the switch on with the fob out of range? Do the blinkers flash continually as they are supposed to? If yes, then it may be your fob. Try your spare fob, or a new battery. My buddies '07 and my '07 acted differently when the fob batteries got weak.
If no, then there is something loose/bad in your switch or TSSM.

I tried both FOBs and same problem with both. Also tried to start with no FOB in the area and same problem. Manually entered code and she started like a charm. Since both FOBs are obviously the same age and neither have had the batteries changed, once I replace them both, my hopes are that this fixes the problem. I did split one of the FOBs and removed the current battery then placed it back in and everything worked fine on the first try, but then failed on repeated trys. I'll replace both batteries.

Note that I accidently told a fib in my initial statement. I stated that the radio wouldn't come on, nor did the pump activate. To correctly restate, the radio does still come on & play and the pump does activate, even though the blinkers remain flashing, thus in alarm mode.

Thanks for your quick responses. If the new batteries don't fix the problem, I'll advise or post for further assistance. Otherwise, this problem is most likely fixed.

The life of the fob batteries is sometimes short as the other have recommended replace batteries in both fobs. You are correct you may get stuck at the most inopportune time and place.

Manually entered code and she started like a charm. Since both FOBs are obviously the same age and neither have had the batteries changed, once I replace them both, my hopes are that this fixes the problem. .

You probably hit the nail right on the head. I always carry a spare battery for my key fob in the pizza box pouch...just in case. I hate entering that code manually.

Back