free website stats program Starter | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Starter

Step away from the bike until you have service MANUKA to work on it. :D

MANUKA is a cross between a Manual and a YAMUKA (head skull cap) in case you need a Rabbi to certify and approve the part (or parts) beforehand. :D Some denominational modifications are optional...but the idea I believe still applies... :20:

My head hurts now...:small3d015:

The Manual will tell you the sequence and torque values and and other component that you will need to remove, Im in the process in removing a starter and I would have never figured it out without it.

Get the service manual!!! Glider is it posted here somewhere,I am kinda new and did not check. I have seen some of that in this forum. Thanks guys for all the info:ALABAMA

sounds like you need a new starter clutch, drain the primary fluid, there is a drain plug on the bottom of the primary cover below the clutch cover, pull the primary cover off, remove primary cover gasket, on the starter jack shaft there is a bolt with a lock tab bend over it, flatten the tab and hold the shaft with a pair of pliers (wrap a rag around the teeth as not to damage them) and loosen and remove bolt, remove all components. move to the right side of the bike and disconnect wires on starter (make sure you have disconnected the batter before anything, as one of those wires is a hot wire, you dont want to arc it on anything) remove starter bolts and remove starter. its really simple once you do it, takes about 20 minutes. you will most likely need a starter clutch, replace starter clutch install starter in reverse from above. install jackshaft (remember to bend lock tab over jackshaft bolt.) install NEW primary cover gasket, and primary, torque in the correct sequence to 100in lbs, remove primary chain inspection cover, and pour in one quart of primary fluid. install NEW inspection cover gasket, and torque cover to 100in lbs in a criss cross pattern. re connect battery.....go ride!

MANUKA is a cross between a Manual and a YAMUKA (head skull cap) in case you need a Rabbi to certify and approve the part (or parts) beforehand. :D Some denominational modifications are optional...but the idea I believe still applies... :20:

My head hurts now...:small3d015:

My sides hurt now! :lolrolling :lolrolling :lolrolling

CatWoman

I drilled a 1/2" hole in my crankcase because the Manuka told me to. Now What?

That's what I get for Tuosting you guys!

Hmmm a halo on the side of a bike, it could be a sign...:newsmile040:but it could get messy in a few miles...! Please put that Willie G. Skull Cover back on, it may not be Rabbinically approved, even a bit "Goth like" but it will get you where you want to go...in style, no drilling necessary! :small3d036:

Step away from the bike until you have service MANUKA to work on it. :D

AND DON'T STAND BEHIND THE MANUKA AS IT CAN FARCE AN EVENT YOU WOODENT WANT....

THEMS CODE MILITARY TERMS I LURNED FROM SARGE... LOL

MAKE SURE THE BATTERY IN DISCONNECTED BE FOR ANY WORK IS PERFORMED ON STARTER...

SIGNED 3 FINGERED JACK

signed....BUBBIE

Back