free website stats program starter problems | Harley Davidson Forums

starter problems

caseyleiser

I was coming home from a trip last week and had to stop to fuel up. When I left the station I didn,t notice but my starter button was stuck in the on position. About 3 miles down the freeway smelled some smoke and noticed the battery light on my dash was on. Just then it died on me. Long story short, got Mountainview Harley in Chilliwack B.C. to pick up my bike. Great bunch of people there. They installed a new heavy duty starter for me and got me mobile again. Thank the good lord for extended warranties. Saved me a thousand bucks. Yippee:bigsmiley24::bigsmiley24::bigsmiley24:

I had the chrome control covers on there, I just ground down the rough edge made the hole bigger and smoother. Like they say chrome don,t get ya home.

I was coming home from a trip last week and had to stop to fuel up. When I left the station I didn,t notice but my starter button was stuck in the on position. About 3 miles down the freeway smelled some smoke and noticed the battery light on my dash was on. Just then it died on me. Long story short, got Mountainview Harley in Chilliwack B.C. to pick up my bike. Great bunch of people there. They installed a new heavy duty starter for me and got me mobile again. Thank the good lord for extended warranties. Saved me a thousand bucks. Yippee:bigsmiley24::bigsmiley24::bigsmiley24:

Did they check the ring gear for possible damage? My 07 Streetbob did that and I got a new clutch hub with ring gear and new clutch pack under warranty

Back