free website stats program Starter Problems - 07 Street Bob | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Starter Problems - 07 Street Bob

Its been very interesting to get the responses to my original post. The upshot of it all was the dealer replaced the starter switch. They did not replace it with a HD part, no instead they replaced it with a SAAB part! The Service Manager decided that the HD part wasnt up to the task and, being schooled in car parts, decided he would source and fit an appropriate unit.

All had gone well until last Saturday when the issue reappeared! Firstly the engine management light came on and the bike stalled. Then it started off the starter button and the light did not go out. Then the problem! Turning on the ignition with the key and switching to RUN (not touching the starter button) resulted in the solenoid clicking like a demented cricket! Then the engine began to turn over but didnt fire. Dunno why it didnt fire as it was turning over fast enough. I guess the ignition circuit wasnt energized and therefor no spark at the plugs?

The bike is now back at the dealer. The warranty has now expired and a fight with the dealer is expected regarding who pays for the latest repair.

Advised my buddy to get it fixed and sell it promptly. It will break his heart but it seems to be the only option.

Harley Davidson should hang its head in shame over this!!!!!

Back