free website stats program Starter Problem? | Harley Davidson Forums

Starter Problem?

taweste

So I bought a bike from out of state, and I needed to re-wire it for blinkers, brkae light, etc... Anyways I get it all wired, put everything back together, put some gas in the tank, cranked it and nothing. I checked the plugs for spark. I pulled the gas line from the petcock and gas was flowing. Then I cranked it for awhile, and after awhile all I got was a click. I figured the battery was dead, so I hooked the jumper cables up from my car and still just a click. I tried jumping the solenoid and nothing happened, not even a click. Any suggestions? This is driving me crazy. Ive had a new bike for a month now and Ive only ridden it twice!

Thanks
Tim

So I bought a bike from out of state, and I needed to re-wire it for blinkers, brkae light, etc... Anyways I get it all wired, put everything back together, put some gas in the tank, cranked it and nothing. I checked the plugs for spark. I pulled the gas line from the petcock and gas was flowing. Then I cranked it for awhile, and after awhile all I got was a click. I figured the battery was dead, so I hooked the jumper cables up from my car and still just a click. I tried jumping the solenoid and nothing happened, not even a click. Any suggestions? This is driving me crazy. Ive had a new bike for a month now and Ive only ridden it twice!

Thanks
Tim

Please DON"T USE a cage to jump start your scoot!!!! Try a battery charger for a day or so to charge it up slowly and then have it tested.

Why is it so bad to jump a bike with a car? I figured 12 volt systems, all good. You learn something new everyday!

I've seen this before, the bendix gear is stuck in the out position. You should be able to verify this by visual inspection by removing the dirby cover from the left case.

A friend of mine jumped his 2005 Heritage with a car, and fried the computer!!!
the dealer replace free because at the time it was under warranty AND the dealer told him that jumping the bike from the car should cause no problems.

Back