free website stats program Starter issues, 3rd time!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Starter issues, 3rd time!!

bio_research

Contributor
I have posted on here before and it has happened again! After 4k miles my starter died!!!! This will be the 3rd starter I have had put on. They are covered by warranty, but I need the bike for Leesburg this weekend!!! It just won't engage, same thing that has happened every time.

Who is the manufacturer of the starters? You should get more miles out of a starter, do you have mods to the bike and is your battery fully charged?

The mods are just a power commander, stage 2 arlin Ness intake and air cleaner. The battery is new and charged. 12.9v at the battery and when I hit the start button there are 11.9 v at the starter.

sounds like its really a hard to crank engine or those starters are garbage. maybe see if you can swap a starter motor from a small car engine , just the motor part i know the whole starter wont work but maybe the motor can be swapped. do some research on those motors. i did that with some other bikes i had many years ago had lots of junk but no moola so i did what i could from what i had. im sure there r other motors from something that will work. dont ya miss the kick starters

I paid for the upgraded starter, that aws suppsed to be heavy duty haha... I'm getting sick of it and need the bike tomorrow to head to Leesburg!

Back