free website stats program starter fluid in air intake | Harley Davidson Forums

starter fluid in air intake

dsjnix

Could starter fluid sprayed into air intake system on a 98 roadking cause any serious damage? The bike's fuel pump is not coming on. All fuses and relays have been checked and are good. Sprayed the starter fluid into air intake when we had bad battery and had to jump it off. Since we did that, now the fuel pump not coming on. What else would you suspect?

Could starter fluid sprayed into air intake system on a 98 roadking cause any serious damage? The bike's fuel pump is not coming on. All fuses and relays have been checked and are good. Sprayed the starter fluid into air intake when we had bad battery and had to jump it off. Since we did that, now the fuel pump not coming on. What else would you suspect?

Starting fluid is not a good choice , too extreme for me, use a spray bottle with a bit of gas instead, sounds like a bad pump

I agree with Jack. Gasoline is more of a controlled burn where as ether is more of an explosion and it's over. You really don't even need a spark for ether to ignite. It can be done with compression & heat only.

There was another post on here where someone jumpstarted their bike and the fuel pump stopped working,seems to me they were talking about the ecm or something to that effect. :(

Fuel pump will not work if battery drops below 9 volts. Push starting the bike will kill your stator, if jumping your bike leave the battery hooked up for ten minutes before you try it or you will be buying a stator. Don't ask me why I know.

First - WHY/WHAT lead you to spraying starter fluid into it?
Second - Put a NEW and CHARGED battery in it first.Make sure you clean and tighten both ends of the batt. cables and after that make sure you have all the proper ohm,volt and amp readings where they need to be.
Third - What was your method of checking the fuses and relay's?

Back