free website stats program Started to the West Coast | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Started to the West Coast

Glad to hear others are following along. Going through the Ozarks today. I'll try to post some pictures when I get back home. I'm posting on hotel computers, so I have no way to send pictures, but are taking a lot, so you will see some later.

I appreciate what it takes to keep us here at HDT up-to-date while your on the road. I love reading about every road trip, never boring because I imagine I'm out of the office and on the road. Thanks for sharing!

God speed and safety, anxious to hear about your next leg (and see some pics)!

Glad to hear others are following along. Going through the Ozarks today. I'll try to post some pictures when I get back home. I'm posting on hotel computers, so I have no way to send pictures, but are taking a lot, so you will see some later.

Seems to me Arkansas is where "the" Bill Clinton sign is along the highway. Saw it years ago when i was there... Smokey Mt. Hills? Come to Wa. for HILLS!

bubbie

Fair winds and following seas my friend. Enjoy your ride and record as much as you can for remebrances in the years to come. You are currently in or headed for some of the finest riding in the country. Northwest AR is beautiful.

Left this morning around 9am. We took route 14 out of the Marked tree area of Arkansas so we could ride the Ozarks. Boy, what a ride! The first 40 miles or so is straight roads along farmland. Flat, flat and more flat. No wonder tornados are so bad here. Nothing to slow them down. Then we started climbing gradually into the mountains. We stopped in Mountain View for a little down time. Really nice area! After Mountain View, we rode to Jasper where we had some great Elk burgers. What a treat because we have no Elk, that I know of, in my part of Ohio. Also in Jasper, the Grand Canyon of the Ozarks in there. What a vista and we took the time for pictures which I'll post later. After Jasper, we took route 7 south to 16 west then 21 south to Clarksville where we decided to stop for the day at 5pm. I can't believe how much fun it's been, and the best part, it's just started. Not sure of plans for tomorrow. We will probably make them at dinner. One other thing to add is the weather, which had been great after Nashville. Just watched the weather channel and it looks good at least through the week. Hooray!!!

Glade you finally had a good day riding, you rode today where I'm going to spend my vacation this summer riding in the Ozarks. Have a safe trip and keep us posted.:)

Heading out of the Ozarks this morning. Hate to see them go, but I'm looking forward to what's ahead. We are going into Oklahoma and then Kansas. Not many bike roads in the area where we're going, so we will probably run Interstate. I should bring you up to date on the five people riding this trip. Two are retired, that would be me, and two own their own business and one still works. Two of these fellows and I have been friends for 40 years and the other two, probably 10 years. We left the wives at hope as this is an old mans ride. We are going into Kansas so one of the guys could see a buddy that he knew in the Army. We will stay there for a day or two or until he gets his visit over. We did this West Coast trip a couple of years ago going through Sturgis for the rally. Then heading up North to go through Washington and then down the coast and back on I-40. This time, we want to take a much slower pace and stay on a lot of two lanes so to see much more of the country. We plan several days in Utah and Colorado. Will add more later.

I just want to add my "thank you" to you for sharing all this with us here. I am 60 this year and my gosh "you are the man" !!!!! Be careful and have a fantastic trip and I pray all goes well for you and your friends for a safe and trouble-free trip. Keep up the good work with your posts here - I really like reading them.

Bill

Heading out of the Ozarks this morning. Hate to see them go, but I'm looking forward to what's ahead. We are going into Oklahoma and then Kansas. Not many bike roads in the area where we're going, so we will probably run Interstate. I should bring you up to date on the five people riding this trip. Two are retired, that would be me, and two own their own business and one still works. Two of these fellows and I have been friends for 40 years and the other two, probably 10 years. We left the wives at hope as this is an old mans ride. We are going into Kansas so one of the guys could see a buddy that he knew in the Army. We will stay there for a day or two or until he gets his visit over. We did this West Coast trip a couple of years ago going through Sturgis for the rally. Then heading up North to go through Washington and then down the coast and back on I-40. This time, we want to take a much slower pace and stay on a lot of two lanes so to see much more of the country. We plan several days in Utah and Colorado. Will add more later.

When I grow up thats what I want to do :s Never seems to be enough time right now - but some day - 5-6 years until retirement...)

Keep up the posts!

Back