free website stats program Started riding class this week | Harley Davidson Forums

Started riding class this week

futurerider

Well, here we go.
My son (25) and I (50) started the MSF class. We had class Thursday and Friday evening, then the range today :D Neither of us have any experience yet.
What a great fealing when I realized what I was doing - RIDING.
A little rough start feathering the clutch, but I finnally got it rolling. My son dropped it twice, but with a little personal instruction from the coaches and he was all :D :D :D too.
Took the written test today and ACE'D it :s.
My son was voted "MOST INPROVED" ":ap" along with one other student. He said "That is was easy when you start in the basement, you have no where to go but up"
Tomorrow, more instruction and then the ridding test. Wish us luck.
With a little luck we will be on the road soon.
I will let you know how we do later.

Good luck to you both and just remember one important thing....don't use the front brake with the bars turned in slow maneuvers or you get a real up close look at the pavement. :D

good luck .i took the advanced in our state after many yrs of riding and really think everyone should go thru at least 1. jmo. learned a lot i didnt know.can follow other bike and just about tell whether they have been thru a rider safety course or not

Good luck to both of you and remember to practice, practice and then practice some more. Watch a couple police training videos on YouTube. After watching these guys feather the clutch and brake, you'll know you need more practice. And then practice some more.

Good luck....... here in Germany you have to do more than 10 hours riding before you can pass your riding test for your drivers license! I think it's really important to be well educated.

Back