free website stats program start with 1 cylinder, then the other | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

start with 1 cylinder, then the other

Today i removed the powercommander and put back on the stock air filter.

The problem seems reduced but not fixed.

When i say reduced, i mean it's more difficult to hear one or two cylinder, even if when i put my finger on the pipes i feel the different heat speed (front hot faster than rear).

I took a look at the available injectors on internet sellers.
If i anderstood well the things i read, i own a 27609-01 injector (32 lb/h), and this part was replaced with 27609-01b injector (high flow) 4.35 gm/sec (47 lb/h).
I'm not sure if the new one would fit without changing the manifold.
I'm not sure if the new one is a 25° angle.
I'm not sure if i should replace the old part with the new part.

Do you have an idea on this ?

The flow rates are different on those two part numbers. Because of that, I would guess injector pulse width must also be changed. But before I did all the research regarding if they are the proper injectors, I would just swap your existing injectors front to rear & rear to front. See if the front cylinder fails to fire when cold.

There is no point in ordering them only to find out it is not the problem. Remember you did not perform the compression & leak down on the engine. Those are fundamental tests that steer the direction of troubleshooting.

I don't know that much about the appearance changes of the injectors through the years. Nice pictures indeed. Good Job.
It is clear that the rear cylinder does have some combustion issues. Either flooding or ignition issues of some kind. It is normal that the rear cylinder is set richer than the front. My bike from the factory was richer in rear and all the stage canned maps SE supplies run the rear cylinder richer than the front. It looks likes yours is a little overboard to me.

It sure would be nice to know what your compression & leak down was in the engine.
At this point you may as well swap injectors (DON'T clean them-or touch them in any way) and see if the problem shifts to the front cylinder.

This is really not the approach I would take on a repair like this, but it is all we got.

ok i will swap before this evening.
About the rich look of the rear injector, i thing that is only some remains of a valve-stem seal problem that i already fixed earlier.
Well i go to do the swap and will be back later.

Swap done.
First start, things seems the same, even if it's hard to say if now both cylinders warms together or not.
I have to use the bike for few days to be sure.
Then after i'll put the powercommander back on the bike.

Swap done.
First start, things seems the same, even if it's hard to say if now both cylinders warms together or not.
I have to use the bike for few days to be sure.
Then after i'll put the powercommander back on the bike.

Best of luck, like your signature line, Jack:D

Back