free website stats program Start up problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Start up problem

joydol

2007 Softail Deluxe will not turn over. When I install the battery back in everything comes on but when I go to start it, no go. I had my battery tested at 3 places one being Harley Davidson. They say it test fine.
My bike sits a lot. Could this still be the battery even though it test okay?

If the battery's good it could be the starter, starter switch, or starter fuse that's bad.

Check the starter relay also. We just had and thread where the starter relay socket had corrosion.

Wondering if when you try to start it does it make any noise? A clicking or anything? Would be nice to be able to get to the solenoid cover. Take it off and physically engage it. The exhaust is in the way I'm sure.

Pull the Solenoid wire off. Connect one side a Dc voltmeter to a good ground and the other side to the Solenoid wire. Start the bike. You should see 12v DC.

Thanks to all of you who responded on my problem. I finally called the HD service department and the rep said you need to change the battery on your alarm fob. Guess what? That was the whole problem. So just thought I'd let all of you good people know. Just in case it ever comes up again. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back