free website stats program Start training class tonight | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Start training class tonight

Thanks for the ego boost guys I told her the same thing just get thru it and wait to see what happens. It is hard to explain to someone how to ride there is alot if you think about it all, way more complicated than any stick car. Luckly I started out when I was knee high to a grasshopper (a long time ago) and don't have to think about it all all the time it is just instinct now but my wife has never driven a bike before and is doing well for only driving a bike twice in her life. Plenty of time for practice as soon as she passes the class and like I told her if she learns on the ironhead sporty she will be good to go on any bike after that. Good luck on the next 2 days!!
AND THSES ARE THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES:bigsmiley17:

AW, keep the chin up. when I took my class there was a guy who went down three times but he did well on the test and passed the class. And there was a woman thatseemed like she was never going to catch on the day of the test we had an about an hour of free time on the course to practice and she was having trouble with some of the manuvers but when she took the actual test she looked like she had been riding her whole life. In fact out of the twelve poeple in the class she was one of only Two that did not put a foot down during the figure eight in the box part of the test. Just a tip to you or anyone takeing the test. If you put a foot or both feet down during the figure eight part of the test, leave them down till you get through it and are out of the box as this will count as only one infraction. But if you pick them up and end putting them down again that would be two infrations. Of course the instucters didn't tell us this untill after we finished that part of the test. Thst's the way it was in our class anyway.

I start mine in may. I think it will be kinda funny a six foot seven guy on a little 250 enduro. I talked to the instructor on the phone, he says I shouldn't have a problem. I guess we'll see, I had an enduro when I was 11 and it was small for me then.

My friends say the same thing, is it really going to be that funny?? We'll see, I refuse to take my lowrider. If something happened to it I would have to kill someone. I've been working on that for about a year solid to get it where it is now.

Recently took my MSF basic course. I know I looked funny riding that little 250cc Kawasaki, my knees were way over the gas tank. It was a blast though and I actually learned stuff. In all my biking years I never had learned to use the clutch correctly, it's not just an on / off switch for the power ya know. My low speed maneuvering is a lot better too. It was a great transition from not riding for a couple of years to my EGlide.

We had a lady rider drop the bike on the 2nd day but she got up, finished and passed. She hadn't ever been on a bike before the course. She did the dreaded front brake grab on a u turn maneuver. The instructors failed several students including a rather hefty chick who for 2 days seemed to set records for balancing her bike at speeds usually reserved for plant growth rather than wheeled transportation.

Well I survived my MSF basic rider course, It wasn't too bad. I was riding a 2009 Yamaha yz250, really an average sized bike. I really enjoyed it, except my fxrs is much more comfortable. I'm not used to riding a bike that light, when you thought about turning you were through it. It was fun and I'm glad I did it. It may help me get rid of some bad habits.:bigsmiley20:

Congrats, see...nothing to it. I took mine awhile back and did learn something from the class.

There was a lady with her own Honda with a set of "training wheels" look alike, nice bike and nice custom work on that wheels, she ran over my foot once and plowed into my rear once with her "training wheels", she failed on every test but U-turns and figure 8 without putting her foot down :bigsmiley20:. At the end of the class, she passed all the test with the rest of us, there were 12 in class 5 females and the rest are males, 1 female failed the test though.

I got popped a couple times the first day for riding too fast. As far as I'm concerned that bike handled a lot better as higher speeds. I was out to have fun. Then they put me behind the first time riders to slow me down. Bye Bye handling.

Finished my test 1 week ago in PA, it was the first time I rode. After the first day of riding I went to ride my HD Street Bob back to my house and felt completely comfortable. Overall the course was great. Our whole class passed and not one bike was dropped.

Back