free website stats program Start Problem 84FXWG | Harley Davidson Forums

Start Problem 84FXWG

84WideGlide

I been trying to fix up my 84' Wide Glide to get it road rdy. But bike wont Start got power to the light replaced the soleniod whet to start it got one good try for a start then after that nothing. Still have power to light and everything. But wont click or turn over. Just so confused on what it could be at this point.

Was Messing with the key switch cause when i turn it to on sometimes wont show my head light. then i went wiggle it a little and the light is working, so took the tapes off all the wires to see what kind of problem was under em but they all look screwed down good but the Brown and Red wire with a black stripe seemed a lil loose underneath, Im not good with wires so if anyone can point me to a good how to mess with that stuff will be greatly apprcieated. Dunno If those wires would keep it from starting but was a thought.
Any Advice is well appricated tyvm

Last edited by a moderator:
What I think about when I read your 2nd paragraph is you have a problem in the switch. If it's not making a good connection, everything stops there.

Well I went to kick start, took about 6 kicks but it started was so happy now i gotta go over the wiring this weekend thanks so much for the advice to hear it roar up was a mood changer. Appreciate so much.

Back