free website stats program start issues.....a simple solution? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

start issues.....a simple solution?

I don't have a security system on my bike (it's a 2000), so I don't know anything about them, but are you saying that if you're many miles from home and the batteries on the FOB die on you, you're stranded??? My buddy accidentally left his FOB on his workbench in the garage one time, so the bike started fine. 100 miles later he stopped for gas and no FOB. Bike wouldn't start :(

I don't have a security system on my bike (it's a 2000), so I don't know anything about them, but are you saying that if you're many miles from home and the batteries on the FOB die on you, you're stranded??? My buddy accidentally left his FOB on his workbench in the garage one time, so the bike started fine. 100 miles later he stopped for gas and no FOB. Bike wouldn't start :(

Take a look in the self help area especially the "alarm" section.

Read this in the meantime and familiarize yourself with how to disarm the security system using the directional switches and know your PIN code.

Programming / Using Manual Security Code (both FOB's) - Harley Davidson Community

Back