free website stats program Stalling, no speedometer,odometer dark, turn signals flash 5 times | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stalling, no speedometer,odometer dark, turn signals flash 5 times

Also the reasons your turn signals wont turn off is when your speedo doesn't work the computer doesn't think you are moving , I had to change out my speedo sensor on my electra and that was one of the problems which cured with the new sensor , another bonus was my speedo started working....

Petie, it turned out to be a blown fuse which was blowing because of a pinched wire. All fixed now. Thanks all for the troubleshooting help. Back in business for beautiful weekend riding.

What wire was pinched and why? Just curious if you did something or if others should be checking their scooters for the same possible problem. This way they can avoid it. Thanks for posting.

I have seen a blown accessory fuse cause this problem. Check the fuses and look for shorts in the wiring. May be some type of short or grounding problem. Have you added any electricial accessories lately?
My 2008 FLSTC had the same problem - lost the speedo, odometer, turn signals and the engine wasn't running properly (low power, throttle lag). The accessory fuse was blown - great call, thanks!

Back