free website stats program Stalling issue | Harley Davidson Forums

Stalling issue

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have a 2007 RK. Over the winter I called Jamie at Fuelmoto to send me one of his maps as I purchased a power package form him. I had done a custom map from a local dyno guy when I bought the package but called on Jamie because I was bored and wanted to compare my custom map to his. Anyway, I loaded it and went for a ride yesterday. Ran good but after a while it would idle down a lot and stall when I went to neutral or pulled in the clutch to come to a stop. When I first started it it idled good and for about an hour or so it was fine.

Any ideas?

It may be coincidental that it started with the new map. A quick, cheap test is to clean the IAC with an aerosol can of carb. or emissions cleaner. Just remove your air filter and stick the nozzle into the hole at the top of the throttle body in front of the butterfly. This cleared my stalling right up.
P.S. Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:
After cleaning the IAC I still had an issue with idle. I cleaned the towers on the ignition coil lubed them with dilectric grease and no more problems. I ride a lot in the rain if that helps any:s

@glider and Breeze - Thanks for the info. I will try. Is the hold shown in the service manual. that is my bible as I am not a wrench

@Jack- Thansk for the tip. I dont think I would know how to do that though. Could you guide me through it?

@glider and Breeze - Thanks for the info. I will try. Is the hold shown in the service manual. that is my bible as I am not a wrench

@Jack- Thansk for the tip. I dont think I would know how to do that though. Could you guide me through it?

SURE, un plug the spark plug wires one at a time, grab and twist them so as not to break them. Next use a small wire brush to clean the ends of the wires and the inside of the terminals on the coil, lube up with dilectric grease and reinstall. You can do the same at the spark plugs, make sure the metal caps on the ends of the spark plugs are screwed on tight:s Welcome to THE FORUM

Last edited by a moderator:
Back