free website stats program stainless braided fuel ine | Harley Davidson Forums

stainless braided fuel ine

ROV1234

I have a 2005 FatBoy FLSTF and have just ordered a stainless braided cross-over fuel line to install(custom fit)...I am now looking for a stainless fuel line to also install, can't seem to find one, would like it to be custom fit also if possible...does anybody know where I can get one of these????? Please help.

Regards, Tom.

Tom there's two ways you can do this. Ive seen a SS sheath that you can slip over the fuel line. I would recommend covering the ends of the SS braid with shrink wrap tubing. It will look much cleaner. Another approach would be to go to a hardware store and purchase the SS braided line that you will find in the plumbing section. It's usually used for connecting the water line to a toilet. I have used this type line for another application on my trike. It's attached to the oil blow by on my Kuryakyn Hyper Charger. Gas, nor oil will eat the plastic tube that's inside the SS. I forget the cost. I think it was around 4 bucks.

My application - ( never mind the red arrows, they are just pointing something else out)

576312_3460717514128_1156624144_32640374_433947740_n.jpg

zoood/RJ

I have a 2005 FatBoy FLSTF and have just ordered a stainless braided cross-over fuel line to install(custom fit)...I am now looking for a stainless fuel line to also install, can't seem to find one, would like it to be custom fit also if possible...does anybody know where I can get one of these????? Please help.

Regards, Tom.

WOW, 4 bucks, I honestly didn't think of this...thank you for your time and advise....off to the hardware store tomorrow...:)

Tom there's two ways you can do this. Ive seen a SS sheath that you can slip over the fuel line. I would recommend covering the ends of the SS braid with shrink wrap tubing. It will look much cleaner. Another approach would be to go to a hardware store and purchase the SS braided line that you will find in the plumbing section. It's usually used for connecting the water line to a toilet. I have used this type line for another application on my trike. It's attached to the oil blow by on my Kuryakyn Hyper Charger. Gas, nor oil will eat the plastic tube that's inside the SS. I forget the cost. I think it was around 4 bucks.

My application - ( never mind the red arrows, they are just pointing something else out)

576312_3460717514128_1156624144_32640374_433947740_n.jpg

zoood/RJ

I'm not trying to hijack this thread but this picture reminded me of a problem I've been having. The previous owner of my bike installed a K&N heavy breather, which included a very similar setup like you have with the breathers connected by a chrome tube and the braided hose running down the side. My problem is that the seal on the breather bolts is bad and I'm constantly getting oil blowby around the breather bolts. It looked like the previous owner did not have proper gaskets to seal it well and it's making a mess. Are there O-rings or seals you can buy to seal the breather bolts better? Thanks

Dswartz, Click this LINK it will take you to a page on my trike build. There's info there that pertains to special sealing washers I used in place of those crumby flat aluminum washers that were supplied with my Hyper Charger. The sealing washers I used are the same design that the motor company uses for brake lines where they attach at the banjo bolts. They work perfectly! Whats best is that you just snug the bolts that hold the set-up to the aluminum heads. You never want to over tighten the bolts into the heads to prevent any oil leaks. Because you can easily strip out the aluminum threads in the heads!

zoood

I'm not trying to hijack this thread but this picture reminded me of a problem I've been having. The previous owner of my bike installed a K&N heavy breather, which included a very similar setup like you have with the breathers connected by a chrome tube and the braided hose running down the side. My problem is that the seal on the breather bolts is bad and I'm constantly getting oil blowby around the breather bolts. It looked like the previous owner did not have proper gaskets to seal it well and it's making a mess. Are there O-rings or seals you can buy to seal the breather bolts better? Thanks

Dswartz, Click this LINK it will take you to a page on my trike build. There's info there that pertains to special sealing washers I used in place of those crumby flat aluminum washers that were supplied with my Hyper Charger. The sealing washers I used are the same design that the motor company uses for brake lines where they attach at the banjo bolts. They work perfectly! Whats best is that you just snug the bolts that hold the set-up to the aluminum heads. You never want to over tighten the bolts into the heads to prevent any oil leaks. Because you can easily strip out the aluminum threads in the heads!

zoood

Great! thanks for the info. However, of the three pics on your link I could not get the second one to open up on my computer. I understand the Stat-O-seal, but what was the "standard thread seal" (thats the pic that wont open). Is that some sort of tape or other thread sealant?

Disregard my previous post. I did some more online searching and believe I found the thred sealer you were talking about. My only problem now is buying them. Seems like all the websites are wholesale and dont deal with retail customers. Hopefully I can find somebody here locally that has them.

Here's where I get them. Sealing Washers

I used this on the shoulder part of the banjo bolt (under the bolt head)

93781a033p1l.png

And I used these, (2) over the threaded part of the banjo bolt.

93783a033p1l.png

I believe you can get them at the site above. If not, just let me know.
Also, at that link to that distributor. In the upper right hand corner of that page. There's a place to "Log In" Click that and then there's a check box for new customers.

RJ

Disregard my previous post. I did some more online searching and believe I found the thred sealer you were talking about. My only problem now is buying them. Seems like all the websites are wholesale and dont deal with retail customers. Hopefully I can find somebody here locally that has them.

Thanks a bunch for your help. I just ordered the washers. They were a little pricey but look like they will get the job done. I cant wait to get this annoying problem finally fixed! Thanks again!!

Back