Stage One

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by xdanman, May 30, 2010.

1. xdanman

xdanman Member

Most people are doing a stage one With SE backplate. I like K&N filters.

Could I not replace stock filter with KN and get as good breathing as the SE?

I dont want to do the SE and then replace it with KN. I really dont like SE

filter.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

There's a replacement K&N filter for the stock filter but the inprovement in flow isn't that much in the stock filter housing. The SE model is a taller model for more flow.

3. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

xdanman; go for the full stage-1 b/c the filter's only one part of this UG. Back plate, breather ports & inlet are also modified to enhance air intake & increased flow. Also, don't forget to add a tuner so you can change settings b/c bike's already run lean from factory - gott adjust for the added air.

Might be a good time to change the look of your A/C & add some personal style - I went w/LA Choppers xXx breather & really like the look/performance. Only advice is to check clearance - I had to extend floorboards out 1" so my Right thigh didn't hit the A/C (thanks Harley Goodies).

Good luck & let us know what you choose.

Attached Files:

4. xdanman

xdanman Member

Thanks, That is exactly wat I wanted to know.

5. sprinkman

sprinkman Active Member

I have a stage 1 SE air filter installed. Should I change the old football cover to get more air flow?

6. glider

glider Veteran Member

With the taller filter there's no need to change the cover other than looks.