free website stats program stage one vs mileage | Harley Davidson Forums

stage one vs mileage

My 07 FHLRC with 103 CI, SE Race tuner, V&H true dual exhaust, flat top pistons, DME big valve-port and polish stock heads, Rivera Proclutch gets 40.67 miles per gallon. I am using RoadTrip for my iPhone to track this information. Apparently it is costing me .08 cents a mile for fuel. I didn't track the mileage prior to the engine work. Using my bike daily for commute. Last weekend ride I got 43.17 mpg on 200 miler "Mother's Day" trip.

Right now ODO reads almost 25000 and a lot of this was two-up with a full load of camping gear.

Fuel mileage is a rather "spotty" statistic...mixed City and Hwy riding I get around 45 mpg, but when I went on an all freeway trip, for 2 full tankfuls went over 160 miles each time before I gassed up (did not hit want to switch to reserve)...I calculated 55 mpg. I was in top gear, doing 75mph, using the throttle lock and with the new fairing (though I believe I was getting same mileage without it). My pipes are a little black, so I believe my setup is running a little rich, but I am not going to change a thing. :coffee

If not for the thermal intermittant ICM and the 50 mile tow from King City to Salinas...I actually would have saved a lot of money... oh well, live and learn.:newsmile07:

My '08 FatBob stock got around 45 to 48mpg. Now that's running at 35 to 50mph back and forth to work. After stage 1, PCIII, Dyno, Kromewerks slip-ons and SE A/C. I'm now getting around 38 to 42 depending. But for the increase of 10 to 12 in both hp and tq, I can live with the less mileage.

2009 RG. Stock I was getting 45-46 consistantly.

With stage 1 (Ness Big Sucker, V&H slip-ons and TFI), I'm getting 41-44 consistantly. I agree with Steve, I adjusted the pots slightly to go from 37'ish to where I am now.

Back