free website stats program Stage one ' getting there' | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage one ' getting there'

Dublin Dave

Hi guy's,
With all the help ive received on this forum, im going to have a go to install the stage 1 upgrades on a 2007 RK and my mates 2008 elec. glide.
So far ive managed to secure the purchase of the TFI fuelpaks (thanks glider)from techlusion, via the UK ,as they use a company there to supply Europe, and favours me with the strenght of the EURO against UK STERLING, this big bank crisis is making this very cheap.

Now for more brain picking, if you dont mind. I will be ordering V + H classic slip ons for both bikes. I was looking at the exhausts already on the bike, and i am wondering what to do with the cable that operates the butterfly flap installed on the right hand side pipe,(seem to open when appling throttle) as the slip ons will be on the back of this.
Do i need to remove that system alltogether, is this making sence, as i know there is a name for this system, any help.

Kind Regard's
Dave..:coffee

Cheers Hobbit,
I must look further into this AES , will it not stop the air flow through the slip on on that side when installed?
And what air filter system would suit the RK 2007 and EG 2007, as there is so many, it looks like i have to strip the standard one on the bike!!
Dave

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]Harley introduced the Active Exhaust System on the European 2007 Big Twin models. It is an ECM-controlled electric motor to open or close a valve in the exhaust system to meet the EU exhaust noise standards.
For those who would prefer the classic Harley rumble to the EU whisper it is first necessary to overcome the "Fault" (
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]DTC P1475 ) [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]warning light lights on the dash. Zodiac offers two "trick" boxes to fool the OEM on-board computer and eliminate the "Fault" light problem. These "trick" boxes are very easy to install as they simply plug-in between the ECM and the Active Exhaust Valve control motor. The "Trick" boxes are available in two versions:
702020 Overrule Trick Box, this box allows you to overrule the ECM with an included two way switch. One way the exhaust valve is constanly open, the other way the valve works as original. For use with the OEM or modified OEM mufflers

702021 Manual Trick Box, this box allows you to constantly open or to constantly close the exhaust valve with an included two way switch for use with aftermarket mufflers

Page # 9 here.
http://www.zodiac.nl/en/news/updates/05_2008_GBR.pdf

[/FONT]View attachment 4225
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]
ACTIVE PERFORMANCE MUFFLER Trouble Code P1475.pdf Link 1

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]ACTIVE PERFORMANCE MUFFLER Trouble Code P1475.pdf Link 2[/FONT]

Cheers glider,
Thats a wealth of information, so if its the Harley rumble im after i could save a lot of money and buy a trick box.!!
So therefor the benefits of stage one is the extra HP with added sound!!
Dave:coffee

Hi glider,

this is what I was looking for. I am researching if it is posible to reinstal
the active valve system from Springer 2007 to
Softail Deuce 2004. Does make it any sense to bother with
Delphi ECM, or is better to discard the butterfly valve and all
the electronics ?

Back