free website stats program Stage one down load on 103b ?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage one down load on 103b ??

Ezy Rider

I have a 2012 Slim with VH Python slipons , plan to add stage 1 se a/c.

Is there a dealer down load for the ECM that will add or enrich the fuel mixture ?

I had planned on adding vied if not

Ez

I really have no first hand knowledge of the vied upgrade, but I would suggest that you at least look at the fueler offered by Dobeck. The Gen 3 or 4 have given many members here the performance they were looking for. Dobeck has a site on the forum and offers a discount to forum members.

The short answer to your question is absolutely a "yes." The dealer will be happy to sell you a Stage I download but it simply returns your bike to the showroom stock AFR which is mandated by the EPA to be pretty lean. If you're not looking to cool your motor down any or get a couple percentage points of performance boost then the dealer download is fine. Otherwise, there are lots of fuel tuners to choose from depending on the complexity you are looking for. As mentioned, the Dobeck is an awesome deal for the discounted forum price, is easy to install and use, and their customer service is the best!

+1 on the Dobeck. I couldn't be happier with their product and customer service. Very easy to install and tweakable for future mods without having to bring it back to the dealer and pay for another map download :s

Dobeck is the way to go. For what the dealer will charge you for the download and you will still have a lean bike, you can get the Gen 3 or 4. If you are a Veteran you can get a huge discount!

Dobeck is the way to go. For what the dealer will charge you for the download and you will still have a lean bike, you can get the Gen 3 or 4. If you are a Veteran you can get a huge discount!

i had a dobeck tuner on my last bike works great install is very easy infact i had a lot of fun tuning it :D:D:D:D

Thanks much for the info. I'm going with vieds as I did on my 48 and other very helpful forum members added to their 103b Softail s

Cash is a factor at this time as well.

Ez

How does the Vied compare to the Dobeck TFI? I see it's a little cheaper, but not enough of a $$$$ savings if the performance is not as good. Looks like the installation is much easier, but can it richen up the AFR as much as the TFI? Still looking to do something to my bike, but haven't decided yet which way to go. Rode 350 miles yesterday and my right leg was cooking. Need to add a hi flow a/c but have to add some sort of tuner at the same time.

Back