Stage I - A/C and Wide Band O2

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by JustinHD, Mar 17, 2011.

1. JustinHD

JustinHD New Member

My 09 96B TC (on an FLSTC) runs very hot and i dont think it is a good thing at all. To address this issue i read on the forums that i need to get the stage 1 stuff done and remap the ECU.
    ECU trying to find out which one would suit my needs was tricky but I settled on the TTS mastertune.

Exhaust next up in the stage 1 are pipes and i settled on the v&h big shots long with the quiet baffles.
    I know the rear pipe on this model has the electronically controlled butterfly as does i think the a/c (Intake Solenoid and Exhaust Actuator) . These i believe the TTS will sort out but some confirmation re my assumptions would be good.

A/C & O2 sensors - where i am still stumped are on two fronts.
    1. the A/C - is the drak v&h the one to go for, or would you recommend one of the following:
    SE stage 1,

the arlen ness big sucker (1or2? - heard there were quality issues),

the doherty machine power pacc (but he doesnt seem to make anything from 07 up),

K&N RK-3909 Kit etc., etc. - ​

i would like something that uses the standard FLSTC A/C housing and gives the best throughput - air speed and volume.

2. wide band 02 sensors
    Revolution Performance Precision Engine Management System. or something like the AFXiED/LC1 Wide Band O2 Sensor Upgrade from Nightrider and co.
    I am aware that the wide band O2 is def a help but then is the TTS cabable of programming the ECU to run in open loop. :newsmile026:

If you have any advise on A/C and O2 options for the 09 FLSTC it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Justin
  2. gyver

gyver New Member

I too am struggling with these issues. On advice I ran TTS with an 821 closed loop offset (AFR 13.9:1) and killed my front O2 sensor. Replacing and following TTS manual recommendations not to exceed 800 (14.25:1), I wonder if I might be better off using my XIEDs with a less aggressive setting.

08 RK police w/ factory 103, big sucker intake and V&H slip-ons.

I like TTS, but why is it so hard to find answers?
  3. Grillfish

Grillfish Junior Member

TTS is pretty powerfull tuner. V-Tuning is very good. There should be a very long manual on how to V-Tune w/out a dyno. If not, search the web, I bet you will find some experts out there :)
  4. glider

glider Veteran Member