free website stats program Stage 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 3

Stevo4204

I currently have an 09 FLSTC with Stage 1. I want more TQ, HP. I am looking into the Stage 3 kit to increase both. Anyone out there done this yet? :33:

Did you do the SE heads with your kit? How happy are you with the results of your install? I am new at this game so any information will assist in making the right choice.

There are two stage 3 kits available from SE. One with and one without the heads. I am currently looking at both trying to decide which way to go. Sounds like adding the heads really helped your bike. My bike is under warrenty and the local HD shop will stand behind any SE modifications they make to the bike. So, that eliminates going to aftermarket parts.

Do your heads when you do your cams, You'll have the pushrods out anyhow so you might as well.....you won't be disappointed. I agree w/ Hobbit, SE heads are good but there are better options out there. CycleRama is always tops in the HP/torque shootouts. I've heard great things about HeadQuarters as well and they aren't quite as expensive as CycleRama. I'm considering the CycleRama's "Perfect Street" package for my scoot. Keep us posted on your build.

I have the 103" with the 255 cams & stock heads & I am getting 107 lbs of tourqe @ the rear wheel . The heads will help you get about 8 more lbs of tourqe but @ what cost :33: you can save yourself alot of $$$ & still be very happy with your bikes perfomance upgrades using the stock heads .

I have the 103" with the 255 cams & stock heads & I am getting 107 lbs of tourqe @ the rear wheel .

Did you install the compression release valves on this install? Do you know what compression ratio is? I am looking at this same build over the winter.

Did you install the compression release valves on this install? Do you know what compression ratio is? I am looking at this same build over the winter.

I did not have the compression releases installed , I did have starting issues but that was because the 96" motor has a weak compensator , I had the SE compensator installed & all the stating issuse were gone . I am not sure about the compression ratio but I believe it is 10:1 . I am very happy with the bikes performance & the money that I saved on the heads I used on other upgrades

Back