free website stats program stage 2 settings | Harley Davidson Forums

stage 2 settings

HOLY DIVER

looked at my instructions and saw they had a setting for no download air cleaner,cams,exhaust,95 cubic inches......but mine will have air cleaner ,cams(Andrews 21n grind),exhaust,88 cubic inches think the setting i've got now will work ?(no download air cleaner,exhaust

yes good info Jack i figured someone on this forum was running andrews 21n grind cams with a TFI on a TC88 hopefully they will find this post and tell me what ended up working well for them

I think that TQ has that set up on his bike. If I remember correctly he also has the factory stage 1 download. I think I read where he has basically turned of the TFI as the factory download was enough.

I am running the 21 on my bike with just the stage 1 download also. It runs just fine. Yes it would run better if I had a SEST or Mastertune TTS ECM re- programmer and a dyno tune but my budget doesn't allow for that right now.

If you do not have the factory stage 1 download just set the TFI at the recommended stage 1 settings. This will probably be close enough to start. You can always adjust it from there.

Randall

Yes, Randall is right. I put the AP 21Ns in my engine when I did the roller chain conversion. When I had done my Stage 1, I had the HD Stage 1 download done. Unfortunately back then I did not know enough to get the TFI instead. I would have been $$s ahead if I had done that then. I did install the TFI when I did the conversion, but have it turned off right now. If I do something else to the bike, I already have the TFI if I need more fuel too.

If I were doing it all again, I would do the TFI rather than the HD Stage 1 download. Much more flexibility with that option.

TQ

I've been running a TFI for several years now on my '03 RKC 88" with the Stage 1 download. My bike ran very well with the TFI dialed in as follows:
G - 1:30, Y - 3:00, Red - 3:00 and RPM - 4:30. My MPG at these settings averaged 37 city/42 Hwy depending on my wrist. :D

I recently did the cam conversion, installing the 21N grind. I left the TFI at the previous settings and went out the following day and did a 185 mile loop running anywhere for 55 - 90 mph on two lane and super slab. Bike ran flawlessly with plenty of pull when I wanted it, averaging over 45 mpg.

Then I decided to tweak the TFI to something a tad richer than what I was running, but the TFI instructions didn't have my configuration. I decided to use the Stage 2 motor - 95" with cams and exhaust no download as a base, but slightly modified which calls for the settings of G - 3:00, Y - 8:00, Red - 6:00 and RPM - 4:00. I instead used G - 3:00, Y - 6:00, Red - 6:00 and RPM - 4:30, and while I'm still on my first tank, my seat dyno says it's slightly better in the power than before TFI adjustments, and mpg is noticably lower based on typical 1/2 tank emperical data. I'll run another tank this weekend and make a judgement then, but rolling back half of what I dialed in is strongly being considered. :yes

Note: Bike had 35k on the clock and running Amsoil since around 10K. Bike is a daily rider for the last 3 years and gets ridden hard. Cams, lifters, tensioners, etc. looked (EDIT) near perfect. Very slight wear on both tensioners, which in all honesty was the reason for the cam swap. I read too many horror stories on these forums and was terrified of failure. :reyes

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

-Dusty

Last edited by a moderator:
Back