Stage 1

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Motopsycho, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Motopsycho

Motopsycho Member

Can someone explain to me what a "stage 1" upgrade is? Thanx in advance:D

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

3. so cal hoss

so cal hoss Member

Usually it consists of three areas on your bike. A free flowing air cleaner. A less restrictive exhaust system. After these items are installed, you will need to re-map your fuel system (if you have fuel injection) to richen up the fuel delivery.

4. Motopsycho

Motopsycho Member

Thanks, gentlemen........great site.

5. fisherman124

fisherman124 Active Member

you guys are killing me here.the more i read on stage one, the more i want to do it.checked out the doebeck performance on line instructions looks easy.not to pricey for my bike also.power is a nice thing to have.wife hates this site,once i start here hours go by.next to check out screaming eagle where will this end stage 1 2 3 time and money will tell later nice write up glider on the stages here .another two in ahalf hours gone

6. glider

glider Veteran Member

Just think if you weren't reading here the trouble you may get into!:bigsmiley20:

7. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Remember, Doebeck gives a military discount (if you served), and a forum discount. Whenever you want/do something for your bike get the dealers estimate. Then research prices and do it yourself with help here if needed.
    Then you can tell your wife "look how much I saved". That statement seems to justify spending money in the female mind along with " it was on sale". :s

8. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

I don't think it ever will. I saw a Boss Hoss a few months back and the owner claimed it had 650 aspirated Horsepower.

9. dr robert

dr robert Active Member

Putting new stuff on your ride is part of the fun. Do it yourself when you can. That 650 hp must have come from a blower or turbo charger. Cool.

10. glider

glider Veteran Member