free website stats program Stage 1 ????? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 ?????

Sorry...haven't been on much lately...been under the weather and just sleeping a lot. I installed the TFI but I was dumber than a caveman..hehe...I won't confess what I did here but it's posted somewhere on the site. Anyway got it all hooked up and it's running just great. No backfiring or hesitation...runs just like new cept lots louder now with the V&H big radius. I am a happy camper. And thanks to all here that offer so much time to help me out. As soon as I get a paypal account I will be contributing.

Sorry, newer question to interrupt you guys. New Fat Bob Stock 2008. I want more power keeping with Harley stuff. I am drawn to getting the stage 1 done to the motor and putting on SE black Fat Bob pipes. I can't afford all at the same time. Is there a specific order you would do this in if you had to do one first? And i noticed in the customizer at the HD website that it says 103 cubic inch stage 1 engine job is not compatible with SE slip-ons. Any truth to that? If so how can everyone be putting on new pipes with an advanced engine stage tune-up? Thanks

Last edited:
You can add the slipons first and later do the stage 1 with fuel enrichment but it wouldn't hurt to add some fuel with just the slip ons too being they are so lean in stock form.

My 06 Super Glide has that heat management feature. I have only known it to switch into that one time. It was extremely hot one day while I was in Hattiesburg and traffic was terrible. I could only roll a few feet at a time and have sit and wait. It did switch over. Scared me at first but I had read about it having that mode.

should i get the stage 1 download? if i`m going with a TFI unit?
are the any pros or cons to the download?
my bike is a 09 ultra

thanks

No need for the download if you are using the TFI. The only thing the download will do is to raise your rev limit to 6200 and these motors do nothing at that RPM but rev. The cam and heads limit what you can get out of the motor so turning it up that high does nothing.

o.k i am new to all of this
But if i have HD dealer upload Stage one into my bike DO i need this TFI unit ?
the upload will not do what the TFI does?
What is the difference ??:small3d023:

Back