free website stats program Stage 1 ????? | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 ?????

Forgetful1

o.k so here is my ??

(changing to SE heavy breather and VnH 2 into 2 big R and stage1)

Now I was told by the dealer that there is an option in the new program that will shut down one cylinder when you are at an idle to help keep the bike from getting too hot.

Anyone have this ? How do you like it ? Does it help ?

Thanks for any info on this. F1

I may be wrong, but I don't think this is new. I believe it has been part of the EFI circuit for several years. I haven't been in heat extremes which would cause the bike to go through this, but those who have idled in traffic in the extreme heat conditions of the mid-west may be able to share experiences.

I may be wrong, but I don't think this is new. I believe it has been part of the EFI circuit for several years. I haven't been in heat extremes which would cause the bike to go through this, but those who have idled in traffic in the extreme heat conditions of the mid-west may be able to share experiences.

I see , i should have been clearer not sure if this is a new thing or not but the stage 1 in my bike will be new to the bike. I am a truck driver and the 60 series in the detroit diesels had an option that they would run on 3 i think, when it was really cold at start up. stopped them from smoking and warmed the motor up faster at start up. that is way i was not sure about all of this.

o.k so here is my ??

(changing to SE heavy breather and VnH 2 into 2 big R and stage1)

Now I was told by the dealer that there is an option in the new program that will shut down one cylinder when you are at an idle to help keep the bike from getting too hot.

Anyone have this ? How do you like it ? Does it help ?

Thanks for any info on this. F1

The shutting down of one cylinder is a new option on the 2009 touring models.

ETIMS (engine temp management) has been around for a few years but just recently has become an owner enabled feature. Prior to this you had to have the dealer enable or disable the feature and it was a one time free option.After that you would be charged to change the feature from on to off and visa versa. On the newer touring bikes it's the riders discretion if they want to enable or disable the feature.

To the best of my knowledge it's only offered on the touring bikes.

IMO I really don't care for the feature due to the stress it causes on the engine running on one cylinder.

Here's more info on it.

2008 ETIMS Enabling - Harley Davidson Community

I didn't know about the system last summer,stopped idling in Gatlinburg at 105f and I thought I had blown the bike up. It stinks like ammonia and the motor feels like its going to come out of its mounts

Back