Stage 1 with Dobeck Gen 3 EJK

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Sourn, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Sourn

Sourn Member

Just finished installing SE air assembly, Dobeck Gen 3 EJK, and took cats out. All went good with install of dobeck gen 3, real easy to do, about 3 hours for SE air and dobeck gen 3. Took a little longer for pipes, but all went well. Runs good now with less heat and that was what I was after. I read up on info here for all this, great site for advice. Can't say enough about Dobeck gen 3 its just simple plug and play. With Vet. discount on both of these(dealer gives me Vet. discount too) I did this for less than 300.00. Made a big improvement for my 2011 ultra limited.

2. purplehazeultra

purplehazeultra Active Member

You will be really happy with your gen3. I put one on my Ultra and love it.:cheers

3. chuck60

chuck60 Active Member

I just did the SE1 and TFI and it made a big differences as well and the tecks are great.

4. recharge

recharge Member

Did you just take cats out on your stock exhaust or change out hole exhaust?

5. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

Someday when I get ready to buy a touring bike, I need to know what year did HD start putting the cats in ?

6. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

2011 on the cats.

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

They started cats in the mufflers before going to the pipes in 09 I believe.

8. hammerhead pat

hammerhead pat Active Member

I'm pretty sure cats in the headpipe started in 2010. Before that in the mufflers....

9. Sourn

Sourn Member

On the question from Recharge, I took off my head pipe and cut it into to get cat out, saved me some money for now. I found info here on this site in the self help tips, that Glider posted I believe, had 3 pictures of your pipes. I love the sound now and it rolls.

10. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

The 09 headpipes I got off Ebay didn't have cats in them. Saved me from gutting mine.:D