free website stats program Stage 1 Vs. Warranty?'s | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 Vs. Warranty?'s

The only way the warranty would be void is if internal engine damage was a direct link to the parts not very likely unless installed wrong I E intake leaks and run too lean to burn a valve or piston:s

I have seached for this several times, and am probably not wording correctly, so I am going to ask.
Friends, an indy, and a dealer, have not given me a straight forward answer regarding this question: I want a stage 1 upgrade, can I use all aftermarket products, or some aftermarket products or do I need all oem?
Example 1: Spoke w/ dealer. Told him I wanted non-hd pipes, non-hd a/c, and non-hd fuel management. His response was warranty voided. So, I ask about all the above with the exception of HD fuel management. His response: "you have given me information that may void your warranty."
Can I do a stage 1 that won't void my warranty?

The key word is "may" void. It's a (Edit) comment I've heard for years selling metal treatment products. As long as the parts or products are SAE and OEM specs & standards, and are used and installed correctly, they can't by definition void the warranty: Unless that was found to be a direct cause of a failure, as was mentioned. Funny thing is, these bikes need an exhaust, a high flow air kit and a fuel module/tuner to help cool them down and perform as they should. If you go with a HD tuner, and use an exhaust and intake of your choice, let the dealer tune it...I would bet the dealer would change his tune. Of course you have many options that are in compliance with the warranty. However, ask questions and get it in writing if possible. Happy Holidays.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back