free website stats program Stage 1 Vs. Warranty?'s | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 Vs. Warranty?'s

poppi

I have seached for this several times, and am probably not wording correctly, so I am going to ask.
Friends, an indy, and a dealer, have not given me a straight forward answer regarding this question: I want a stage 1 upgrade, can I use all aftermarket products, or some aftermarket products or do I need all oem?
Example 1: Spoke w/ dealer. Told him I wanted non-hd pipes, non-hd a/c, and non-hd fuel management. His response was warranty voided. So, I ask about all the above with the exception of HD fuel management. His response: "you have given me information that may void your warranty."
Can I do a stage 1 that won't void my warranty?

Doing a Stage 1 using aftermarket parts WILL NOT void your warranty. The Stage 1 is probably THE most used upgrade. If that is the position the dealer wants to take then I'd find another one.

Many of us here have upgraded using both MOCO parts and various aftermarket parts.

Which dealer in Fl.?

We'll sig Hoople and Jack K. on them..
That will get their Knees a Knocking... Haw ha..:small3d038:

signed....BUBBIE

Which dealer in Fl.?

We'll sig Hoople and Jack K. on them..
That will get their Knees a Knocking... Haw ha..:small3d038:

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie if its Jacksonville it is The Adamec Family, they own 3 dealerships here, I have had no problems with them, I have a good relation with a Tech and service manager at one of there shops, but if I had problems I would post them here for all to see, Capital Jack:s

Thank all of you for your quick replies! I feel confident that I found the best place to pose my question. Happy Holidays to all!

Jack, pm sent.

Got it, you have Mail:s This is the best place to get the info you need, and we are almost 40k strong now so Dealers should take notice, Capital Jack:s

Back in March 2009 I put on the stage 1 myself with V&H mufflers, Ness AC (now using V&H V02 AC) and the TFI. I've run into issues with my TBW, throwing codes and my dealer does the warranty work with no issues. He has never said anything about the TFI under the seat or the pipes/AC.

Now I've bought two bikes from them.

Ride safe and have fun.

I just purchased my bike 2 weeks ago today. (2011 FLTRU) The first thing the dealer suggested that I do with my $1000 chrome cash was do the Stage1 with True Duals to get rid of the cat and go with Bassani mufflers. I never give a thought about it voiding the warrenty since they suggested it. By the way: I love this bike!

Back