free website stats program Stage 1 upgrade...Saturday's project | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 upgrade...Saturday's project

JKT1969

Replaced the MO's with Rhinehart Racing 4" slip ons...sound great. Then installed the Roland Sands Venturi 7 high-flow air filter and the Vance & Hines Fuel Pak...

First off, the Fuel was the simplest thing to install I have done to date. I emailed tech support at V&H to confirm what my settings should be (FP-2422). Plugged it in, when through the settings in no time, confirmed they were accurate, put the seat back on. Then moved to the air cleaner...I must say, the Roland Sands looks great. The installation was quite simple...it is a quality piece of equipment too, very thick and has some weight to it.

Now, I have read mixed reviews on the Fuel Pak...some say it was causing a backfire, or idle was too high, etc...so, I was anxious to fire this bad boy up and see if I could tell a difference....WOW. Talk about a noticeable difference just in 1st gear. The bike has more power, bottom line. The pingy noise - GONE. It's like the beast has been unleashed...low end torque is greatly improved.

As far as the fuel pak is concerned, no compliants here. As far as I can tell, the settings are perfect. Idle is good, pick up, response, no backfire, all spot on from my perspective.

For anyone considering the stage 1 upgrade I would say do it now...the difference in stock to the upgrade is night and day. Very happy....

Agree regarding the Fuel Pak. Simple to install and, once programmed, that's it. Very happy with how my Ultra performs.

I was shocked immediately about how much better it runs now. I expected the upgrade to be better for the motor, but did not expect such immediate and noticeable gains in the throttle, not mention low in torque has improved...and best part, no more pingy sound. I am big fan of the fuel pak. Plug it in, input the appropriate number, velcro it down, done. Simplicity at its' best.

high flo air filter - can get them where the stock air cover is used, or go and spend anywhere from $125 - $400 for an air filter/housing. The fuel pak is generally $275.

I went with a Roland Sands Venturi 7 ac/filter and it ran about $440, plus the cost of the fuel pak. Still cheaper than the $800 download from the dealer, which still has the ECM set to run on the lean side.

high flo air filter - can get them where the stock air cover is used, or go and spend anywhere from $125 - $400 for an air filter/housing. The fuel pak is generally $275.

I went with a Roland Sands Venturi 7 ac/filter and it ran about $440, plus the cost of the fuel pak. Still cheaper than the $800 download from the dealer, which still has the ECM set to run on the lean side.

I thought the dealer download runs $100-150. For $800 you can get a SESPT and a dyno tune.

I thought the dealer download runs $100-150. For $800 you can get a SESPT and a dyno tune.

What I'm saying is you can't just do the down load, which is still on the lean side anyway, you have to also do a high flo AF and I believe pipes too. The fuel pak's setting are dyno based for that particular set up.

Also happy with my set up...... V & H True Duels , Fuel pac and Ness Big Sucker w/original cover...... noticed immediate results in performance..... seems a little picky on fuel.... 93 octane a must

Also happy with my set up...... V & H True Duels , Fuel pac and Ness Big Sucker w/original cover...... noticed immediate results in performance..... seems a little picky on fuel.... 93 octane a must

I have not checked my fuel mileage yet...not interested in riding when it's 12 outside, but really want to get out there. :D

At my age i'm the 1st to admit I'm not real heavy on the right wrist but I put a Ness Stage 1 filter on and then had a 103 down to the ECM...........with SE pipes it runs just fine for me and I'm not out a bunch of green.........

Back