free website stats program Stage 1 upgrade best direction? Products? | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 upgrade best direction? Products?

ZZroadking

Hi, I am going to do a upgrade and would like info/input on what may be the most advantages/popular stage 1 upgrades for a 05 FLHRCI.
My bike is stock except for a k&n air filter (1499).
My needs would be;
1- efficient exhaust exit (cooler running temp)
2- a respectable performance increase
3- sweet sounding pipes
4- low maintenance and reasonably cost effective

Thank you...

Consider the Fuel Moto Power Package, which includes a PCV (Power Commander 5), AC, and Jackpot mufflers. You can buy the package sans the AC since you already have it. They provide the best customer service in the business, a double-warranty on the PCV, an accurate PCV map for the hardware on your bike, and the best-performing slip-on mufflers available. I feel it is the best Stage 1 package available, especially if price is factored into the equation. If you upgrade your configuration (cams, etc.) you can also get a free map update.

Nice looking package deal, if doing the EFI tuner route first, makes complete set up with exhaust mod being the two big ticket items in a Stage I if done individually, requiring significant time to "integrate" and make them work labor wise. Stage I offers simplicity, 15 to 20HP for decent price, with no effect on longevity. Once you start splitting the cases and beyond, you have to consider beefing up and contending with the downsides beyond...

carbonstreetglide400.jpg

My '05's stage one is just the Screamin' Eagle slip ons, Screamin' Eagle Air Cleaner & filter, and the Harley download. I thought long and hard about a TFI fueler and concluded that I just don't need it. My engine is fine with just the Harley download. I like the sound, but don't think there is a significant increase in power. The engine runs smoother and that's what is important to me.

I thank you for your information/responses. I am ordering a TFI (I think I can install and use effectively with this sites info/Help). I have a KN installed now. I will look into pipes. Thanks again..

I thank you for your information/responses. I am ordering a TFI (I think I can install and use effectively with this sites info/Help). I have a KN installed now. I will look into pipes. Thanks again..

Good choices on all - definitely listed to pipes so you not only get the look b/c sound is a big factor. Best to visit a bike night, or HD dealer & ask to hear pipes you like on owner rides. I've never said no to anyone wanting to hear mine. Also, ceramic coating the exhaust will cool things down a bit too (on top of a good tune). Good luck & let us know the final outcome.

Back