free website stats program Stage 1 Race Kit for 2010 Ultra Classic | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 Race Kit for 2010 Ultra Classic

RobDog

I am planning to buy a 2010 Ultra Classic with the standard 96 engine in January. A friend told me that he had a Stage 1 Race kit installed on his Ultra. Since I am in Baghdad at the present time, I can't go to my local dealer and ask questions. I have sent an email to my contact at HD, and he recommended the Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 kit for my new Ultra.

This is all new to me so I was hoping that someone could tell me if I would have to replace the stock exhaust to accommodate the upgrades. This is my first Harley after years of riding and I want to do it right. The work will be done by the HD shop when I purchase the bike.

Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.

RobDog

As always - great advice from Hobbit. If you go the TFI route, don't forget to mention you're military b/c Dobeck offers a gr8 discount for service members...will save some ca$h for those other upgrades.:newsmile093:

I f you want more than 96 inch just buy the screamin eagle flh, you get the warranty with it, if you have the the dealer build the motor your warranty on the motor isn't much. Good luck and THANK YOU for serving:USA:USA and marry christmas:)

The TFI from Doebeck was easy to install and i thank them for there support of the military and the military discount!! I used it and well worth the money even without the discount.

Those nice folks at Dobeck will send you a TFI 1252ST for your Ultra for about $150.00 plus shipping if you mention to them you are active or prior service. That is $100.00 off of retail in case you are counting. They like us and put their money where their mouth is. Not too many do that. If you are in the sandbox you can send them an email from your mil address as proof your a warrior. There was no such thing as email when I was humpin the boonies 40 years ago, so I sent them a copy of my orders deros-ing me back to the world.

i traded up from my RK's to a 2010 SE Ultra. Same deal, looking for the best option for an airbox, mapping and exhaust. I have always ran Rineharts and want that type of sound. I really have never cared for VH sound. I dont want to buy something now without getting all of the info possible. I may ride it tha way it this year and check options at few rallies
Idea's?

I have the Reinharts and the SE air cleaner (stage 1). I thought about going with the 204 or 211 cams and Vance and hines Xheader. But I think I will run it the way it is this year and maybe change it next year.

Back